The NBA All-Star Game airs Sunday, February 20, 2022, at 8 PM EST on TNT. However, All-Star weekend begins Friday night with the NBA All-Star Celebrity Game at 7 PM ESPN followed by the Rising Stars game at 9 9 PMST on TNT. Then there are the events between the Saturday Night 3-Point and Slam Dunk Contests. This article will cover how to watch every event at NBA All-Star weekend without cable.
Watch All of NBA All-Star Weekend: Use this 5-Day Free Trial to the DIRECTV STREAM Choice plan and watch the NBA All-Star Game on TNT Sunday, The Slam Dunk, and 3-point Contest on TNT Saturday, and the NBA All-Star Celebrity Game on ESPN Friday. The 5-Day free trial includes NBA TV, so you can watch all events this All-Star Weekend for free.
NBA All-Star Weekend TV Schedule
Below is the schedule of events for NBA All-Star Weekend.
- Friday, Feb. 18
- Saturday, Feb. 19
- 11 a.m. ET | NBA All-Star Practice | NBA TV
- 2 p.m. ET | NBA x HBCU Classic | TNT & ESPN2
- Morgan State vs. Howard University
- 7 p.m. ET | Commissioner Adam Silver News Conference | NBA TV
- 8 p.m. ET | All-Star Saturday Night | TNT
- Skills Challenge (first event)
- 3-Point Contest (second event)
- Slam Dunk Contest (third event)
- Sunday, Feb. 20
Watch NBA All-Star Weekend Free
ESPN and TNT are available on DIRECTV STREAM with their “Entertainment” channel plan. They offer a 5-day free trial so that you can watch the NBA All-Star Celebrity Game on Friday and the NBA All-Star Game on Sunday for free. Remember to cancel before the trial ends so you won’t be charged for the first month. You can also watch the NBA All-Star Practices and News Conference airing on NBA TV if you subscribe to the Choice Channel Plan (Also offers a 5-Day Free Trial). There are also other options to watch ESPN, TNT, and NBA TV without cable. While we cover each in detail later in the article, here are the free trials available to watch all of NBA All-Star weekend.
- DIRECTV STREAM – carries ESPN, TNT, and NBA with a 5-Day Free Trial to their “Choice” plan
- YouTube TV – carries ESPN, TNT, and NBA with a free trial
- Sling TV – carries ESPN and TNT with a 3-day free trial, but you need to add NBA TV which will cost an additional $11 per month for the sports add-on.
Streaming The NBA All-Star Game
The NBA All-Star Game is Sunday, February 20, 2022, at 8 8 PMST on TNT, but the pre-game show begins at 6 PM EST. Below are all the services that provide access to TNT and ESPN so you can get the most out of All-star weekend. A few also provide NBA TV to catch the NBA Legends Brunch, Practices, and news conference.
NBA All Star Game on DIRECTV STREAM
DIRECTV STREAM provides TNT, ESPN, and NBA TV so you can watch the NBA All-Star Game and every event over NBA All-Star Weekend. Channel packages with TNT and ESPN start at $69.99 per month. NBA TV is added on the “Choice Plan.” However, both plans provide a 5-day free trial. You can cancel at any time, and if you cancel within the free trial period, you will not be charged. A subscription to DIRECTV STREAM includes the following:
- watch 20 streams simultaneously per subscription
- a cloud-based DVR
- channels like NBA All Star Game and more
- supported on AppleTV, Android TV, Roku, Amazon FireTV, and more
Once you sign up, download the DIRECTV StREAM App to your streaming device and start watching. You can check out this streaming service through this online offer or read about it in our DIRECTV STREAM review.
NBA All Star Game on Sling TV
Sling TV is the most affordable way to watch NBA All-Star Game. TNT and ESPN are a part of both the Sling “orange” package, costing $35 a month after a 3-day free trial. However, NBA TV is only on the “Sports Extra” add-on channel pack. The additional sports package costs an additional $11. If you decide to keep Sling after the promotion, you can cancel at any time as there are no contracts or long-term commitments.
Sling TV provides a live stream of TNT, ESPN, and NBA TV, so you can watch what would be airing on TNT, just as if you had cable. Some episodes of its shows are available on-demand, as well.
Sling TV is available on Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, and more, so it’s not a problem to enjoy TNT on a TV, tablet, computer, or other smart device. There are more channels on Sling TV than what I’ve mentioned here. To find out more, check out this detailed review of Sling TV.
NBA All Star Game on YouTubeTV
YouTubeTV also offers a way to stream NBA All-Star Game live for $64.99/month along with the following features:
- access to TNT, ESPN, NBA TV, Local Network Channels, and over 70 other channels
- unlimited cloud DVR storage
- stream on three devices at once
- Youtube TV supports Android, iOS, Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast, and more. The YouTube TV app has also returned to Roku devices after settling a dispute between the two companies.
- Includes Youtube TV on-demand
See our YouTube TV review for more details.
Watch NBA All Star Game on Hulu
Previously Hulu was known for its vast on-demand streaming library. However, they also offer Hulu Live TV services, including live TNT and ESPN and most top channels typically found on cable. But, Hulu live TV doesn’t carry NBA TV. Hulu Live TV starts at $69.99 after signing up and includes the following features:
- The basic package comes with 50 hours of cloud DVR storage. (Upgrades available)
- Watch on 2 screens at once. (Upgrades available)
- It comes with 6 customizable profiles
- Includes entire Hulu On-Demand streaming library
With Hulu Live TV, you can watch NBA All-Star Game on Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick, Apple TV, Chromecast, and more. See our review of Hulu for more information.
2022 NBA All-Star Game Rosters
LeBron James and Kevin Durant are the captains of each team. Each conference provides five starters and seven reserves for captains to draft. Here are the rosters for each All-Star Team.
Team LeBron Starters
- LeBron James (Los Angeles Lakers)
- Giannis Antetokounmpo (Milwaukee Bucks)
- Stephen Curry (Golden State Warriors)
- DeMar DeRozan (Chicago Bulls)
- Nikola Jokic (Denver Nuggets)
Team LeBron Reserves
- Luka Doncic (Dallas Mavericks)
- Darius Garland (Cleveland Cavaliers)
- Chris Paul (Phoenix Suns)
- Jimmy Butler (Miami Heat)
- Donovan Mitchell (Utah Jazz)
- Fred VanVleet (Toronto Raptors)
- James Harden (Brooklyn Nets)
Team Durant Starters
- Joel Embiid (Philadelphia 76ers)
- Ja Morant (Memphis Grizzlies)
- Jayson Tatum (Boston Celtics) – replacing Kevin Durant as a starter
- Andrew Wiggins (Golden State Warriors)
- Trae Young (Atlanta Hawks)
Team Durant Reserves
- Devin Booker (Phoenix Suns)
- Karl-Anthony Towns (Minnesota Timberwolves)
- Zach LaVine (Chicago Bulls)
- Dejounte Murray (San Antonio Spurs) – injury replacement for Draymond Green
- Khris Middleton (Milwaukee Bucks)
- LaMelo Ball (Charlotte Hornets) – injury replacement for Durant
- Rudy Gobert (Utah Jazz)
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.