The smash hit comedy Abbott Elementary is a mockumentary-style workplace comedy that follows a group of dedicated elementary school teachers, as well as their somewhat tone-deaf principal, in a Philadelphia public school. Despite everything against them, being both underfunded and outnumbered, they are determined to help their students succeed and provide them with the best possible education that they can.
The show was created by Quinta Brunson, who also serves as executive producer, writer, and star. She was nominated for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy and Outstanding Writing for a Comedy, taking home the award for the latter. This was one of three Primetime Emmy Awards the show won in its first season (out of seven nominations), and it was one of very few network shows to receive multiple nominations. In addition to Brunson, the show stars Tyler James Williams, Janelle James, Chris Perfetti, Lisa Ann Walter, and Sheryl Lee Ralph, who took home an Emmy for Outstanding Supporting Actress. Read on for more on watching Abbott Elementary
- When Does Abbott Elementary Air: Abbott Elementary season 2 airs every Wednesdayat 9:00 p.m. ET
- TV Network: Abbott Elementary airs on ABC.
- Best Way to Stream Live: You can stream Abbott Elementary live on DIRECTV STREAM. The streaming service provides live ABC and has a 5-day free trial. YouTube TV (free trial) and FuboTV (free trial) are also ways you can watch ABC.
- Best Way to Watch On Demand: Abbott Elementary will be available to stream one day after airing on Hulu’s Streaming Library (Free Trial).
- Where to Watch Season One: The first season of Abbott Elementary is available on Hulu.
Watch Abbott Elementary Live Without Cable
Several live TV services offer local ABC stations in nearly all U.S. markets, many with a free trial so that you can watch Abbott Elementary for free. All free trials auto-renew when they expire, but you will not be billed if you cancel before the trial ends.
Watch Abbott Elementary on DIRECTV STREAM
DIRECTV STREAM offers live ABC streaming in many markets. ABC is available through its “Entertainment” package for $74.99 a month, along with many cable TV and other broadcast networks. DIRECTV STREAM offers ABC in over half the markets in the US.
All DIRECTV STREAM plans include:
- the ability to watch on 20 devices at the same time
- a cloud-based DVR
- channels like ESPN, AMC, HGTV, Discovery, and more
- supported on Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Amazon FireTV, and more
You can try DIRECTV STREAM by signing up for this 5-day free trial. There is no contract, and you can cancel at any time.
How Much: $74.99 per month through the “Entertainment” package. For more information, check out our review of DIRECTV STREAM.
Watch Abbott Elementary on Hulu
Hulu offers live ABC in nearly all US markets and cable TV and broadcast networks. Therefore, you can watch Abbott Elementary as it airs on ABC. To see if live ABC is available in your area, you can use this tool: Hulu Live TV Channels by Zip code.
Hulu Live TV costs $69.99 per month. Hulu Live TV includes the following features:
- Discovery and 60+ other channels, including local network channels.
- The price includes a subscription to ESPN+ and Disney+
- Unlimited cloud DVR storage. (Recordings save for 9 months)
- Watch on two screens at once. (Upgrades available)
- Comes with six customizable profiles
- Includes entire Hulu streaming library
- Supports iOS, Android, Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, and more.
How Much: Hulu + Live TV costs $69.99 per month.
Watch Abbott Elementary On-Demand
If you can wait a day, Hulu’s more affordable on-demand service has the special available on-demand. You have to wait a day, but the on-demand service starts at only $7.99 per month and offers a 30-day free trial. Hulu is also the place to find season 1 on demand.
How Much: The base package for live TV starts at $69.99 per month. Hulu on-demand starts at $7.99 per month with ads. You can go ad-free for $14.99 per month.
Watch Abbott Elementary on YouTube TV
YouTube TV is another great option to watch Abbott Elementary live. YouTube TV offers live ABC with its streaming service in nearly ALL markets in the US. The only market where YouTube TV doesn’t offer ABC is the Rochester-Mason City-Austin market, which covers parts of Minnesota and Iowa. (YouTube TV does offer ABC in Rochester, NY and Austin, TX.)
YouTube TV supports Android, iOS, Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast, Roku, and more. Be sure to check out our review of YouTube TV for more information. You can sign up for their free trial.
How Much: $72.99 per month.
Watch Abbott Elementary on fuboTV
FuboTV is a streaming service that offers live TV channels over the internet, making it a decent alternative to cable TV. While FuboTV initially catered to sports fans, they have expanded their channel roster to include major networks like AMC, ESPN, USA, and much more. FuboTV also offers live local ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC broadcasts in many parts of the country, so it is a great way to watch Abbott Elementary.
You can check out FuboTV here. Fubo TV supports the following streaming devices:
- Android smartphones
- Android tablets
- Apple TV (4th Generation only)
- Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
For more information on FuboTV features, please see our Fubo TV review.
How Much: FuboTV costs $74.99.
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.
For the latest news tips and tricks on cutting the cord and other tech topics be sure to follow our Google News Feed, like our Facebook Page and Follow Us on Twitter.