Every year Hallmark adds a handful of new holiday titles to its beloved Countdown to Christmas. This year, they are adding a double-header of two holiday movies focused on twins–played by real-life sisters Ashley Williams and Kimberly Williams-Paisley. Sister Swap: A Hometown Holiday premiered on Sunday, December 5, and will air again leading up to the second film, Sister Swap: Christmas in the City on Sunday, December 12, on the Hallmark Channel. The interconnected films are about two sisters, Jennifer and Meg Swift, looking for a new purpose and discovering what they truly need in life during the holiday season. Despite living hours apart and two very different lives, the sisters couldn’t be closer. The holiday adventures give them the chance to switch cities–think country mouse, city mouse–to find new purpose and, of course, discover or re-discover love. Read on for more on how to watch the Sister Swap movies without cable.
How to Watch Sister Swap: A Hometown Holiday and Sister Swap: Christmas in the City
The good news is you don’t need an expensive cable TV package to watch Hallmark Channel’s Christmas Movies. You can watch the new Chrismas Movies on both channels for just $6.99 per month after a 7-day free trial on Frndly TV.
How To Stream Hallmark Christmas Movies
Frndly TV is the most affordable way to watch Hallmark Channel’s Holiday movies. The live TV streaming service provides Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movies and Mysteries, and other channels like Game Show Network, QVC, and The Weather Channel. A subscription to Frndly TV starts at $6.99 per month. However, I find their $8.99 per month “Classic Plan” is the best value as it includes the following:
- Over 20 of Channels Live TV & On-Demand
- HD Video Quality
- Watch on 2 Screens at a Time
- Unlimited DVR recordings. You can keep recordings for 3 Months
- Supported on Apple TV, Roku, Roku TVs, Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick, Apple TV, Chromecast, Android and iOS mobile devices, and most major web browsers
You can try their service with no commitment using this 1-week trial or reading our review of Frndly TV. If you consider the free trial, you should be able to watch the entire Countdown for Christmas for under $12.
Other Ways To Stream Sister Swap: A Hometown Holiday and Sister Swap: Christmas in the City
We cover all these streaming services in the articles on How To Stream Hallmark Channel and How To Watch Hallmark Movies & Mysteries without Cable. However, in brief, here are some alternatives to Frndly TV that carry both of these channels in their channel lineup. They are:
- Philo: Philo’s Live TV Channels include The Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries in their lineup for $25. You can check out their service through this 1-week free trial. Learn more in our review of Philo.
- Vidgo: This streaming service includes Hallmark Channel in its Core package and over 60 different channels. New customers can sign up for the Core Plan for $59.95 per month. See our review of Vidgo for more details.
- Sling TV: Both channels are part of their “Lifestyles Extra” add-on package for an additional $6 per month on top of Sling TV’s $35 per month base package price. See our Sling TV review for details. You can sign up for your first month for just $10.
- FuboTV: fuboTV costs $69.99 after a 1-week free trial and provides Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries. See our review of fuboTV for details.
- DIRECTV STREAM: Both channels are a part of the DIRECTV STREAM “Entertainment” package for $69.99 per month. The streaming service provides a 5-day free trial. Se our review of DIRECTV STREAM for more details.
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.