16 Little League Baseball Teams compete in the 2021 Little League World Series in a double-elimination bracket tournament beginning Thursday, August 19th and continuing until the championship game on Sunday, August 28th. Most games will air on ESPN, with a couple airing on ESPN2 and ABC (where the championship will air.) The streaming service ESPN+ will also air games. This article will explain how you can watch the entire tournament and ever how you can watch the Little League World Series for free.
Easiest Way to Watch The Little League World Series: The easiest way to watch The Little League World Series is by subscribing to ESPN+ for $6.99 per month. You can then watch through the ESPN app on most mobile streaming devices. More details are below.
Easiest Way To Watch The Little League World Series
You can stream every game of The Little League World Series subscription to the ESPN premium streaming service ESPN+ (ESPN Plus). You don’t even need to have regular ESPN to use ESPN+. Once you subscribe to ESPN+, you can watch it through the ESPN app. The ESPN App supports Roku Players and TVs, Amazon Fire TV devices, Chromecast, Apple TV, Android, iPhone, Samsung TVs, and more.
To add ESPN+ to your ESPN app, follow these instructions:
- Subscribe to ESPN+
- Download and Open the ESPN app on your mobile or TV device
- Click the Settings Gear in the upper right corner
- Select “Account Information” then “Log Into ESPN Account.” You should receive an activation code.
- Visit https://espn.com/activate on your phone or laptop and type in the code
- Log in with your ESPN+ credentials
- You should then get confirmation that your ESPN+ account is linked and now see and “ESPN+” tab in the ESPN app.
You are now all set to watch the entire Little League World Series. There isn’t a long-term commitment with ESPN+ if you opt for a monthly subscription so that you can cancel at any time. For more details on ESPN Plus, please see our review of ESPN+.
Watch The Little League World Series Free
While watching the entire Little League World Series through ESPN+ is convenient, there is another way to watch using live TV streaming services that won’t cost you a dime. The Little League World Series airs games on ESPN, ESPN2, and ABC. All you need to watch for free is a streaming service that provides those three networks with a free trial long enough to watch the tournament for 10 days. There are basically 2 options.
Option One: Subscribe to DIRECTV Stream (soon to rebrand to Direct TV Stream). The streaming service carries ABC, ESPN, and ESPN2 in their “Entertainment” package for $69.99 per month. However, if you cancel within 14 days of signing up, they refund you your money. Sign up for DIRECTV Stream
Option Two: This option doesn’t require you to pay any money upfront. Three streaming services provide ESPN, ESPN2, and ABC and offer a 1-week free trial. All you need to do is sign up for a week of service with one, cancel before the trial expires, and then take advantage of the free trial of another service. Those streaming services are:
- fuboTV – Offers a 1-week free trial
- Hulu Live TV – offers a 7-day free trial to Hulu Live TV
- YouTube TV – offers 1-week free trial
Below is a summary of each streaming service you could potentially use and links to more details on each service.
You can watch ESPN, ESPN2, and ABC as part of their “Entertainment” package for $69.99 per month, but if you cancel within your first 14 days, you receive a full refund.
All DIRECTV Stream plans include:
- the ability to watch on 20 devices at the same time
- a cloud-based DVR
- channels like ESPN2, ESPN, AMC, HGTV, Discovery, and more
- supported on AppleTV, Android TV, Roku, Amazon FireTV, and more
FuboTV is our recommended way to watch Little League World Series. In addition to ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN3, over 90 channels are offered in its Standard package for $64.99/month (after a 7-day free trial). You can watch through the FuboTV app or use your fuboTV credentials to log in to the ESPN app and watch.
- ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN3, and more are available in fuboTV’s channel lineup
- You can watch it on three screens at the same time
- 250 hours of cloud DVR storage
- The FuboTV app is available on major platforms, including AppleTV, AndroidTV, Roku, and Amazon FireTV.
Hulu Live TV
- over 60 channels including live ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN3
- Hulu’s basic Live TV package includes:
- a cloud DVR along
- Stream to two streams at the same time, with an upgrade option for unlimited streams.
- The Hulu on-demand streaming library
- It’s is available on Android, iOS, Xbox One, 4th Gen Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, and Amazon Fire TV and stick.
If you are curious about all the channels Hulu Live TV offers in your area, including ESPN3, you can use this tool on Hulu’s Website: Hulu Live TV Channels by Zipcode.
Youtube TV provides the channels you need for $64.99 per month. That price includes
- access to ABC, ESPN, and ESPN2, Local Network Channels, and over 70 other channels
- unlimited cloud DVR storage
- stream on three devices at once
- Youtube TV supports Android, iOS, Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast, and more. The YouTube TV app isn’t available on Roku. However, users can use YouTube TV through the YouTube app on Roku devices.
- Includes Youtube TV on-demand
How The Little League World Series Works
In the past LLWS, there are 8 US teams and 8 International teams competing. However, due to the pandemic, all 16 teams are from the United States. Teams were placed into 2 divisions for the Tournament. The Tournament is a double-elimination bracket where when a team loses. They are seeded into a “do or die” consolation bracket that offers a path to the championship game on August 28th. You can see the bracket on the Little Leagues Website.
Hank Aaron Division
- Michigan: Taylor North Little League
- New Jersey: Toms River East Little League
- Nebraska: Hastings Baseball Little League
- Connecticut: Manchester Little League
- Washington: Eastlake Little League
- Florida: Martin County North Little League
- Texas: Wylie Little League
- Hawaii: Honolulu Little League
Tom Seaver Division
- Ohio: West Side Little League
- Pennsylvania: Upper Providence Little League
- South Dakota: Sioux Falls Little League
- New Hampshire: North Manchester-Hooksett Little League
- Oregon: Lake Oswego Little League
- Tennessee: Nolensville Little League
- Louisiana: Lafayette Little League
- California: Torrance Little League
Little League World Series TV Schedule
All the games in the table below will also stream on ESPN+. If you are interested in learning more about watching the channels airing the Little League World Series, see the following guides.
|Thu, Aug. 19||1:00 PM||Game 1: Hawaii vs. Connecticut||ESPN|
|Thu, Aug. 19||3:00 PM||Game 2: Tennessee vs. Ohio||ESPN|
|Thu, Aug. 19||5:00 PM||Game 3: Nebraska vs. New Jersey||ESPN|
|Thu, Aug. 19||7:00 PM||Game 4: New Hampshire vs. California||ESPN|
|Fri, Aug. 20||1:00 PM||Game 5: Pennsylvania vs. Oregon||ESPN|
|Fri, Aug. 20||3:00 PM||Game 6: Michigan vs. Florida||ESPN|
|Fri, Aug. 20||5:00 PM||Game 7: Lousiana vs. South Dakota||ESPN|
|Fri, Aug. 20||7:00 PM||Game 8: Washington vs. Texas||ESPN2|
|Sat, Aug. 21||1:00 PM||Game 9: Teams TBA||ESPN|
|Sat, Aug. 21||3:00 PM||Game 10: Teams TBA||ABC|
|Sat, Aug. 21||6:00 PM||Game 11: Teams TBA||ESPN|
|Sat, Aug. 21||8:00 PM||Game 12: Teams TBA||ESPN|
|Sun, Aug. 22||9:00 AM||Game 13: Teams TBA||ESPN|
|Sun, Aug. 22||11:00 AM||Game 14: Teams TBA||ESPN|
|Sun, Aug. 22||1:00 PM||Game 15: Teams TBA||ESPN|
|Sun, Aug. 22||2:00 PM||Game 16: Teams TBA||ABC|
|Mon, Aug. 23||1:00 PM||Game 17: Teams TBA||ESPN|
|Mon, Aug. 23||3:00 PM||Game 18: Teams TBA||ESPN|
|Mon, Aug. 23||5:00 PM||Game 19: Teams TBA||ESPN2|
|Mon, Aug. 23||7:00 PM||Game 20: Teams TBA||ESPN2|
|Tue, Aug. 24||3:00 PM||Game 21: Teams TBA||ESPN|
|Tue, Aug. 24||7:30 PM||Game 22: Teams TBA||ESPN|
|Wed, Aug 25||3:00 PM||Game 23: Teams TBA||ESPN|
|Wed, Aug 25||7:00 PM||Game 24: Teams TBA||ESPN|
|Thu, Aug 26||3:00 PM||Game 25: Teams TBA||ESPN|
|Thu, Aug 26||7:00 PM||Game 26: Teams TBA||ESPN|
|Sat, Aug 27||12:30 PM||Game 27: Teams TBA||ABC|
|Sat, Aug 27||3:30 PM||Game 28: Teams TBA||ABC|
|Sun, Aug 28||10:00 AM||Game 29: Teams TBA||ESPN|
|Sun, Aug 28||3:00 PM||Championship||ABC|
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.
For tips and tricks on cutting the cord and other tech topics be sure to join our Facebook Page.