Regional play for the road to the NCAA College World Series started today, and we’ll explain how to watch every game up until the college World Series Finales on June 29 and possibly 30th.
How To Watch The College Baseball World Series
The road to the NCAA College Baseball World Series begins today. All games leading up to the College World Series and the World Series itself will be broadcast on an ESPN-owned channel (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, LongHorn Network, ESPNU, ACC Network, SEC Network, etc.). However, you don’t need cable to watch. You can sign up for Sling TV’s orange package with the “Sports Extra add-on” and have access to all the channels airing games for all stages of the College World Series. Sling TV currently has a promotion to where the Orange Package is only $10 for the first month. With the Sports Extra add-on package costing $11 per month, you can watch every game of the College World Series for $21 and then drop your subscription. After the 1st month, the “Orange plan” reverts to it’s normal price of $35 per month. Your subscription includes the following features:
- no contract is required, so you can cancel any time
- Sling TV also offers on-demand when available from a network
- includes 50 hours of cloud DVR storage (upgradeable)
- supports Windows and Mac PCs and laptops, Android and iOS devices, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Nexus player, Xbox One, 4th Generation Apple TV, Chromecast, and more.
While you could watch using Sling’s app, I find it much easier to use your Sling TV account email and password to unlock the ESPN app. This way, you don’t need to worry about which channel the match is on. Every College World Series Game will be consolidated within the app.
Watch NCAA College World Series with the ESPN App
Once you subscribe to Sling TV, you can use your Sling TV account to unlock all the College World Series games. Below are the steps to unlock your ESPN channels on Roku. Other streaming devices and have a very similar process.
- Subscribe to Sling TV using this Sling TV Promotion.
- Go to the channel store on your device.
- Please search for the ESPN app, and add it to your device.
- Open the app, and click the setting gear from the top right of the menu.
- Then select “Account Information” and then “TV Provider.”
- Your device will provide an activation code and the URL https://espn.com/active.
- Using a web browser on your laptop or mobile device, go to https://espn.com/active and entered the supplied code.
- You will then be asked for the TV provider you signed up for that has ESPN. You will then log into the service using the credentials from the TV streaming service you are subscribed to. ( For example, I used my Hulu credentials)
- Once you successfully log in, The ESPN App screen will refresh and list your TV provider.
- The ESPN app is now set up. In the ESPN app, on the “Featured” tab, scroll down to “Leagues” and select “NCAA Baseball.” There you will finally all the College World Series games you can watch regardless of the network they’re on.
Of course, you can also use the Sling TV app to watch the ESPN channels through their live TV guide. I just find it more convenient to use the ESPN app as it consolidates all the ESPN channels under one interface.
For information on watching each channel without cable see the articles below:
How The College World Series Works
The regionals will see 64 teams split into 16 double elimination brackets. Next, the 16 winners of the regionals move on to the super regionals, where they are split into eight pairings, each pairing playing a best-of-three series. Then, the eight winners of the super regionals head to the College World Series, where the teams are split into 2 double elimination brackets, each consisting of 4 teams. Finally, the winner of each of those brackets plays a best of 3 series to crown the NCAA College World Series Champion.
College World Series Schedule
- Regionals are June 4-7
- Super regionals are June 11-14
- The first day of College World Series games are Saturday, June 19
- The CWS finals start Monday, June 28 (best out of 3)
- The CWS final championship game is Tuesday or Wednesday, June 29-30
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.
For tips and tricks on cutting the cord and other tech topics be sure to join our Facebook Page.