South Side returns for its second season on Thursday, November 11, now moving to HBO Max. The comedy about two friends and aspiring venture capitalists (currently working at a rent-to-own store in Chicago) started on Comedy Central in 2019. After its renewal for a second season, South Side moved to the new HBO Max streaming platform. Read on for how to watch South Side on HBO Max.
- When Does South Side Premiere: Thursday, November 11
- When Does South Side Air: Thursdays
- Where to Watch South Side: HBO Max
- Where to Watch the Season 1 of South Side: HBO Max
How To Watch South Side
Watch South Side on HBO Max
South Side is an HBO Max Original, and therefore airs exclusively on HBO Max, with new episodes dropping every Thursday beginning November 11. In addition, all episodes from season 1 are also on the service. A subscription to HBO Max costs $14.99 per month for their ad-free plan and $9.99 per month for their ad-supported service (meaning a few commercials with every episode). You can sign up here. HBO Max is supported on Android, iOS, Apple TV, Chromecast, Playstation, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and more. You can check out our review of HBO Max for more details on this streaming service.
HBO Max doesn’t only air HBO, but content from WarnerMedia and other sources. Content on HBO Max includes:
- A selection of acquired series and movies (South Park is a notable example)
- All of HBO
- An exclusive collection of new HBO Max Originals
- Select favorites from the WarnerMedia brands Warner Bros., New Line Cinema, DC, CNN, the Turner library, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more
- A selection of acquired series and movies (South Park being a notable example)
Where to Watch South Side on Streaming Platforms:
The HBO Max app supports the following platforms, giving you plenty of ways to stream South Side:
- Android phones and tablets
- Android TV
- Apple TV (4th generation and later)
- Computers (PC and Mac browsers)
- Apple iOS devices: iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- Amazon Fire TV (As of Nov 17)
- PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
- Samsung TVs (2016 and later)
- HBO Max is now supported on Roku
- HBO Max is now supported on LG Smart TV.
Watch South Side with HBO Max for Free
With AT&T owning HBO Max, there are plenty of ways to watch South Side for free for a time. However, like many things AT&T, figuring out what you are entitled to can be a bit complicated. Here is a breakdown of who can watch HBO Max free of charge.
HBO Max is included at no additional charge in the following DIRECTV STREAM, Internet, and Wireless plans (check the availability online):
- AT&T Internet 1000 plan
- These TV Plans:
- DIRECTV STREAM Now Max packages
- U-Verse U400, U450, and U450 Latino
- DirecTV Premier
- Lo Maximo
- DIRECTV STREAM Premiere package
- AT&T Unlimited Elite wireless plan
Check with AT&T for more possible products and services that come with HBO Max, as the list is regularly changing.
Watching South Side Season 1
Since moving from Comedy Central, season 1 of South Side is also available to stream on HBO Max.
Season 1 is also available to stream on any services that carry Comedy Central, such as Philo. See our full write-up of How to Watch Comedy Central for more.
Your most affordable option for streaming Comedy Central is Philo. For just $25 per month, Philo gives you live access to Comedy Central so you can watch season 1 of South Side if you don’t have HBO Max. Philo also allows you to record shows and watch them with their cloud DVR up to a month later.
Philo is supported on Mac and PC on a web browser, Apple iPhone and iPad (running iOS 9 or newer), Android phones and tablets (running 5.0 or later). They also support Fire TV, Apple TV, and Roku. Take advantage of their free trial. For more information, see our full review of Philo.
About South Side
South Side was created by Bashir Salahuddin and Diallo Riddle, and follows two friends who recently graduated community college and looking to move up. While they seek their fortune as venture capitalists, they are working at a neighborhood rent-to-own shop in Chicago’s Englewood neighborhood. The series stars Sultan Salahuddin and Kareme Young. Season 2 of the series, which originated on Comedy Central, is now a Max Original on HBO Max.
Watch the trailer for season 2 here:
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.