With Hallmark Channel’s “Countdown to Christmas” starting Friday, October 22nd, people are looking for an inexpensive way to watch Hallmark Channel without cable. This article will explain how you can watch Hallmark Channel movies and shows as they air just as if you had cable. I’ll also explain how you can watch Hallmark Channel on your TV with a streaming device, mobile device, or even watch on a web browser.
Cheapest Way to Watch Hallmark Channel: While you can watch Hallmark Channel with streaming services like Philo, Sling TV, Fubo TV, Vidgo, Youtube TV, or DIRECTV STREAM, the most affordable wat to watch is through Frndly TV (1-week trial.) The service includes Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movies and Mysteries, Hallmark Drama, and 20 other feel-good channels starting at just $6.99 per month. It’s the most affordable way to watch Hallmark’s Countdown to Christmas. There is no commitment to keep the service, so you can cancel whenever you like.
How To Stream Hallmark Channel
You can watch the same Hallmark Channel you see on cable TV over the internet using live streaming services. These services carry the same channels you see on cable at a more affordable price with no device fees. You can even use these services to stream Hallmark on your TV with Roku, Fire TV, or other streaming devices. You can also watch on your mobile device or web browser if you like.
While we cover every streaming service that carries Hallmark Channel in this article, I wanted to show you how easy it is to stream The Hallmark Channel. Here are the steps.
- Try a free trial to Frndly TV or other streaming service mentioned in this article that offers Hallmark Channel
- Download the streaming service’s app to your supported device (iPhone, Android phone, Roku, Fire Stick, etc.)
- Log in to the app
- Start watching Hallmark Channel.
It’s that easy. Read on to learn more about the various live TV streaming services that carry Hallmark Channel.
Streaming Services with Hallmark Channel
The streaming services that carry Hallmark Channel are Frndly TV, Philo, Sling TV, Vidgo, FuboTV, DIRECTV STREAM, and FrndlyTV. With them, you can watch The Hallmark Channel, just as if you had cable. Information on those services and how to sign up for each is listed below. Unfortunately, The Hallmark Channel is not available through YouTube TV or Hulu Live TV.
Hallmark Channel on Frndly TV
Frndly TV is the most affordable way to watch Hallmark Channel live and other channels like Game Show Network, QVC, and The Weather Channel. A subscription to Frndly TV starts at $6.99 per month. However, we find their $8.99 per month “Classic Plan” is the best value as it includes the following:
- Over 20 of Channels Live TV & On-Demand
- HD Video Quality
- Watch on 2 Screens at a Time
- Unlimited DVR recordings. You can keep recordings for 3 Months
- Supported on Apple TV, Roku, Roku TVs, Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick, Apple TV, Chromecast, Android and iOS mobile devices, and most major web browsers
Hallmark Channel on Philo TV
Philo TV is an online streaming service that works like a basic cable package over the internet. Philo cuts costs by neglecting sports and other high-cost content to provide some cable network favorites for only $25 per month. Philo’s Live TV Channels include The Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Drama, and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries in their lineup. You can check out their service through this 1-week free trial.
- A subscription to Philo includes
- Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movies and Mysteries in a package of over 60 other channels
- includes a cloud DVR with unlimited storage
- watch on up to three devices at the same time
Philo is currently supported on Mac and PC on a web browser, Apple iPhone and iPad (running iOS 9 or newer), Android phones and tablets (running 5.0 or later), Fire TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, and Roku.
To Watch Hallmark Channel live through Philo, do the following:
- Go to the free trial signup
- Enter your mobile phone number and tap “Get Started”
- Enter your payment info and tap “Subscribe”
- Tap the link texted to your phone and tap the “Confirm Sign-Up” button
- Start watching Hallmark Channel
For information on what’s available on Philo, check our guide to Philo TV.
Watch Hallmark on Vidgo
Vidgo is a newer streaming service that offers fairly competitive pricing over other live streaming services. Vidgo includes Hallmark Channel in its plus package and over 85 different channels. New customers can sign up for the Plus Plan for $55 per month after a 1-week free trial.
Vidgo doesn’t force you into a contract, so you can cancel any time. They include the following features:
- Vidgo includes Hallmark in its PLus package and over 80 other channels.
- Vidgo is supported on available on Android, iOS, Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV.
- You can also stream the service on up to 3 devices at the same time.
We have the full details in our guide to Vidgo’s live streaming service.
Hallmark Channel on Sling TV
You can also watch Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries with Sling TV. However, it’s not part of either the Sling TV Blue or Sling TV Orange base packages. (See our Sling TV review for details.) Instead, both channels are part of their “Lifestyles Extra” add-on package for an additional $6 per month. Sling TV starts at $35 per month, so you can start enjoying the Hallmark Channel online and many other channels for $41 per month. That subscription includes:
- access to Hallmark, AMC, History Channel, A&E, and other channels on Sling TV
- Sling also offers on-demand and a cloud DVR
- You can stream up to three devices simultaneously on the Sling Blue plan.
- Supported on Windows and Mac PCs and laptops, Android and iOS devices, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Nexus player, Xbox One, 4th Generation Apple TV, Chromecast, and more.
- Includes a cloud DVR along with other great features.
Sling TV offers promotional pricing, and you can cancel anytime.
Hallmark Channel on FuboTV
FuboTV is a streaming service that provides access to quite a few pay-TV channels. You can watch the channels live as they would air on cable TV, and you can record programs on their cloud DVR. They provide both Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, as well as over 80 other channels as part of their base package.
All this is included with the base package. You can test out the service with this 1-week free trial. After the free trial, it’s $64.99 per month. There is no commitment, and you can cancel at any time. A subscription to fuboTV includes:
- Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movies and Mysteries, HGTV, and more are available in fuboTV’s channel lineup
- You can watch on three screens at the same time
- 250 hours of cloud DVR storage
- The FuboTV app is available on major platforms, including AppleTV, AndroidTV, Roku, and Amazon FireTV.
FuboTV is also an excellent option for Hallmark Channel as the Hallmark Channel app accepts your FuboTV login credentials. This will allow you to use the Hallmark Channel app on iOS, Android, Roku, or Apple TV devices.
Check out my full review of FuboTV for more information.
Hallmark Channel on DIRECTV STREAM
As shown in our review of DIRECTV STREAM, you get access to Hallmark Channel as part of the DIRECTV STREAM “Entertainment” package for $69.99 per month.
All DIRECTV STREAM plans include:
- the ability to watch on 20 devices at the same time
- a cloud-based DVR
- channels like Hallmark, AMC, HGTV, Discovery, and more
- supported on AppleTV, Android TV, Roku, Amazon FireTV, and more
You can try DIRECTV STREAM by signing up for this online offer. There is no contract and DIRECTV STREAM provides a full refund if you cancel within 14 days.
Other Streaming Services
Below are questions we get regarding Hallmark Channel and other streaming services.
Is Hallmark Channel on Hulu?
No, Hallmark Channel is not available on Hulu’s live TV service at this time. We have a review that contains the complete list of channels on Hulu Live TV if you need more information.
Is Hallmark Channel Available on YouTube TV?
No, Hallmark Channel is not available on YouTube TV at this time. Please see our complete list of channels on Youtube TV for more information.
Hallmark on YouTube TV
YouTube TV added Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movies and Mysteries, and Hallmark Drama in November 2021. The trio of Hallmark channels are available in its channel lineup for $64.99 per month.
YouTube TV provides:
- access to Hallmark Channel, Local Network Channels, and over 70 other channels
- unlimited cloud DVR storage
- stream on three devices at once
- Youtube TV supports Android, iOS, Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast, and more. The YouTube TV app has also returned to Roku devices after settling a dispute between the two companies.
- Includes Youtube TV on-demand
- offers a 1-week free trial.
Is There A Hallmark Channel Subscription
Hallmark doesn’t offer a way to subscribe directly to Hallmark Channel. However, a subscription to some of the streaming services above will allow you to log into the Hallmark Channel Everywhere app. This app works on streaming devices like Roku, Amazon Fire TV, iOS, Android, and more. You can watch Hallmark Channel live and view some Hallmark Channel movies and TV shows on-demand through the app. Your login credentials from the following subscription services will allow you to log in to the Hallmark Channel app:
Using The Hallmark App on Roku and Other Devices
Once you subscribe to one of the channels above, you can watch by downloading the Hallmark Channel Everywhere app (see FAQ for details) to your streaming device. When prompted for a TV provider, use your username and password from one of the participating streaming services above. Below are the steps I used to unlock the Hallmark app on Roku. Other streaming devices and TV everywhere apps have a very similar process.
- Go the channel store or app store on your device. On Roku, it’s called the “Channel Store.”
- Search for the Hallmark Channels Everywhere app, add it to your device, and then open it.
- In the app, select “Login” from the top right of the menu.
- Your Roku device will then show you an activation code and a URL.
- Using a computer or mobile web browser, go to the URL provided
- You will then be asked for a TV provider and a username/password. I’m entering the username and password I use for Philo.
- Once you sign in, your TV screen will refresh. You should now have access to all the video content the Hallmark Channels Everywhere app provides.
Watch The Hallmark Channel Free
Some of the streaming services that carry The Hallmark Channel offer a free trial. You can take advantage of those and watch free Hallmark Channel for over a month or longer if you use different email addresses. Let’s look at the free trials available.
- Frndly TV – offers a 1-week free trial
- Philo – offers a 1-week free trial
- fuboTV – offers a 1-week free trial
By picking up each streaming service and dropping it before the free trial expires, you can watch The Hallmark Channel free for about 38 days. That’s well over a free month of The Hallmark Channel! It’s almost enough time to watch the entire Countdown to Christmas. Plus, it will give you a good idea of which streaming service you like best if you decide to keep one.
Hallmark Movies Now
Not to be confused with the Hallmark Everywhere app, the Hallmark Movies Now streaming service is also available. This service shows select favorite Hallmark Movies on demand. The service was formally called “Feeln.” Now, it’s rebranded as Hallmark’s movie streaming service. This service doesn’t air the movies currently airing on Hallmark, just a selection of previously-aired movies.
You can sign up for Hallmark Movies Now on their website for $6.99 per month with no commitment. However, you can save a little money by signing up for one year for $59.99 (about $4.99 per month). Hallmark Movies Now is supported on Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, various Android TV devices, Samsung and Sony smart TVs and Blu-ray players, Xbox One, iOS, Android, and Chromecast.
For information on watching other TV channels online check out: How To Stream Specific TV Channels
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.
For tips and tricks on cutting the cord and other tech topics be sure to join our Facebook Page.