Episode 9 of season 8 of Chicago Med, titled "This Could Be the Start of Something New", airs Wednesday, December 7 at 8:00 PM eastern time on NBC. Part of the NBC “Chicago block,” Chicago Med airs back-to-back with Chicago Fire and Chicago P.D. on Wednesday nights. The mega-franchise, from procedural franchise king Dick Wolf and co-created with Derek Haas, follows first responders across medical, fire, and law enforcement branches of Chicago. Chicago Med frequently pulls stories from headline news and blends personal drama of the characters with cutting-edge medicine. Read on for more on how to watch Chicago Med.
- When Chicago Med airs: Chicago Med airs on Wednesdays at 8 pm ET.
- TV Network: Chicago Med airs on NBC.
- Current Season On-Demand: Peacocks’ Premium Plan (sign up) has Chicago Med available to watch one day after they air on NBC.
- Previous Seasons On-Demand: All episodes of previous seasons of Chicago Med, Chicago Fire, and Chicago P.D are available on the premium plan for NBC’s streaming service, Peacock. New episodes of the latest seasons of all three shows become available within 8 days of the shows airing on NBC.
Best Way to Watch Chicago Med
All seasons of Chicago Med are available on the premium tier on NBC’s streaming service, Peacock. However, membership is ad-supported, meaning you will have to watch commercials. Peacock has a Premium ad-free subscription for $9.99 per month. Not only will this subscription eliminate ads, but it will allow you to watch new episodes of Chicago Med just 1 day after they air on NBC.
Peacock supports iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV 4K, Apple TV HD, Xbox One S and Xbox One X, Android devices, Android TV, Chromecast, and Chromecast built-in. New episodes of the latest seasons of all three shows become available within 8 days of the shows airing on NBC.
Watch Chicago Med the Day it Airs
The following streaming services carry NBC. You can use them to watch new episodes of Chicago Med as they air live every week.
Watch on Hulu
Hulu offers live NBC in nearly all US markets, along with cable TV and broadcast networks. Therefore, you can watch Chicago Med every week as it airs on NBC. To see if live NBC is available in your area, you can use this tool: Hulu Live TV Channels by Zip code. You can read more about Hulu in our review of Hulu.
Hulu Live TV costs $69.99 per month. Hulu Live TV includes the following features:
- Discovery and 60+ other channels, including local network channels.
- Price includes a subscription to ESPN+ and Disney+
- Unlimited cloud DVR storage. (Recordings save for 9 months)
- Watch on 2 screens at once. (Upgrades available)
- Comes with 6 customizable profiles
- Includes entire Hulu streaming library
- Supports iOS, Android, Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, and more.
How Much: The base package for live TV starts at $69.99 per month. Hulu on-demand begins at $6.99 per month with ads. You can go ad-free for $12.99 per month.
Watch on YouTube TV
YouTube TV is another excellent option for watching Chicago Med. YouTube TV offers live NBC with its streaming service in nearly ALL markets in the US.
YouTube TV supports Android, iOS, Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast, and more. The YouTube TV app has also returned to Roku devices after settling a dispute between the two companies. Be sure to check out our review of YouTube TV for more information. You can sign up for their free trial.
How Much: $64.99 per month.
Watch on fuboTV
FuboTV offers NBC in numerous US cities allowing you to watch episodes of Chicago Med every week when they air. You can check out FuboTV here. A subscription to FuboTV includes the following features:
- Over 100 channels (see a full list of fuboTV channels)
- watch on three devices at once
- 250 hours of cloud DVR storage
Fubo TV supports the following streaming devices:
- Android smartphones
- Android tablets
- Apple TV (4th Generation only)
- Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
You can sign up for fuboTV or check out our review of FuboTV for more details. There is no contract with fuboTV, and you can cancel at any time. If you cancel during the trial period, you will not be charged.
How Much: FuboTV costs $69.99.
Watch on DIRECTV STREAM
DIRECTV STREAM offers live NBC streaming in many markets. Through its “Entertainment” package for $69.99 a month, NBC is available along with a ton of cable TV and other broadcast networks. They offer a free trial to allow you to make sure NBC is offered in your area.
DIRECTV STREAM is supported on Windows and Mac PCs and laptops, Android and iOS devices, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Nexus player, Xbox One, 4th Generation Apple TV, Chromecast, and more. For more information, check out our review of DIRECTV STREAM.
How Much: $69.99 per month through its “Entertainment” package.
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.