The Secrets of Hillsong is a four-episode investigative documentary on one of the most successful megachurches, Hillsong Church. Featuring the first-ever interviews with former pastors Carl and Laura Lentz, The Secrets of Hillsong is based on the original reporting on the megachurch’s scandals by Vanity Fair journalists Alex French and Dan Adler. The church, which for years counted musicians, actors, athletes, and other celebrities among its flock, has faced a global reckoning after a massive wave of revelations about inappropriate behavior among its leadership, including coverups of misbehavior. The documentary also includes intimate conversations with congregants dealing with these revelations and as well as fresh reporting and analysis from journalists, historians, and policymakers. Read on to learn how to watch The Secrets of Hillsong without cable.
- When Does The Secrets of Hillsong Premiere: The Secrets of Hillsong premieres Friday, May 19, at 10 p.m. ET.
- What Network: The Secrets of Hillsong airs on FX.
- Best Way to Watch: You can stream The Secrets of Hillsong when it airs on FX with DIRECTV STREAM, which has a 5-day free trial, FuboTV, or YouTube TV(Free Trial).
- How to Watch On Demand: The Secrets of Hillsong will be available the day after airing on Hulu (Free Trial).
- Where To Watch The Secrets of Hillsong
- Watch The Secrets of Hillsong Live
- Watch The Secrets of Hillsong on Demand on Hulu
- Watch The Secrets of Hillsong On the FX Now App
Where To Watch The Secrets of Hillsong
The Secrets of Hillsong airs on FX, so any streaming service that carries the network will allow you to watch it as it airs.
Watch The Secrets of Hillsong Free
Some of the services offering FX also offer a free trial. These will let you watch The Secrets of Hillsong for free. If you want the service, you can keep it. If not, cancel before the trial ends, and you won’t be charged.
- FuboTV – offers a 1-week free trial.
- YouTube TV – offers a 1-week free trial
- Sling TV – Sling TV offers promotional pricing.
Watch The Secrets of Hillsong Live
The Secrets of Hillsong will air on FX, which you can watch on the following streaming services:
The Secrets of Hillsong on DIRECTV STREAM
DIRECTV STREAM is one of several services to offer The Secrets of Hillsong Channel packages with FX start at $79.99 per month. A subscription to DIRECTV STREAM includes the following:
- watch 20 streams simultaneously per subscription
- a cloud-based DVR
- channels like FX and more
- supported on Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Amazon FireTV, and more
The Secrets of Hillsong on Sling TV
Sling TV is the cheapest way to watch The Secrets of Hillsong FX is in both their “orange” and “blue packages, each priced at $40 a month. Sling offers special pricing for signing up on this promo page with its service, and if you cancel within the trial, you won’t be charged. If you decide to keep Sling after the free trial, you can cancel at any time as there are no contracts or long-term commitments.
Sling TV provides a live stream of FX, so you can watch The Secrets of Hillsong just as if you had cable. Recent episodes are available on-demand, and you can also record episodes of The Secrets of Hillsong with Sling’s included cloud DVR.
Sling TV is available on Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, and more, so enjoying FX on a TV, tablet, computer, or other smart devices is not a problem. To find out more about Sling TV, check out this detailed review of Sling TV.
The Secrets of Hillsong on YouTube TV
YouTube TV also carries FX so that you can watch The Secrets of Hillsong YouTube TV also has limitless storage space available in its included DVR for recording each episode. Your library of recorded shows can be streamed anywhere.
YouTube TV provides:
- Access to FX, Local Network Channels, and over 70 other channels
- unlimited cloud DVR storage
- stream on three devices at once
- YouTube TV supports Android, iOS, Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast, and more. The YouTube TV app has also returned to Roku devices after settling a dispute between the two companies.
- Includes YouTube TV on-demand
- offers a 1-week free trial.
After a 1-week free trial, YouTube TV costs $72.99 per month. See our YouTube TV review for more details.
Watch The Secrets of Hillsong on fuboTV
FuboTV offers FX in numerous US cities allowing you to watch The Secrets of Hillsong every week when it airs. You can check out FuboTV here. Fubo TV supports the following streaming devices:
- Android smartphones
- Android tablets
- Apple TV (4th Generation only)
- Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
For more information on FuboTV features, please see our Fubo TV review.
How Much: FuboTV costs $74.99 per month.
Watch The Secrets of Hillsong on Demand on Hulu
Hulu is a great way to stream The Secrets of Hillsong, as it will be released to Hulu’s streaming library the day after it airs on FX.
Hulu offers a free trial month and several different monthly plans. All of them will allow you to watch The Secrets of Hillsong, as well as all of The New York Times Presents. The plans are listed below:
- Hulu (with ads): This plan costs $7.99 per month but provides an annual billing option priced at a discount. This plan is ad-supported.
- Hulu (no ads): This plan costs $17.99 per month. With this plan, you get all the movies and TV shows in Hulu’s streaming library commercial-free. (Due to network arrangements, Grey’s Anatomy, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and How To Get Away With Murder will always have commercials).
Watch The Secrets of Hillsong On the FX Now App
The FX Now app offers allows you to watch current and past FX, FX, and FXM shows, so you can watch The Secrets of Hillsong directly through the app with one of the streaming services listed above. You can also view current episodes of the latest season of shows currently airing on FX networks.
You can watch by downloading the FX Now app to your streaming device. When prompted for a TV provider, use your username and password from participating streaming services. Below are the steps I used to unlock the FX Now app on Roku. Other streaming devices and TV everywhere apps have a very similar process.
- Go to the channel store or app store on your device. On Roku, it’s called the “Channel Store.”
- Search for the FX Now app, add it to your device, and then open it.
- Your Roku device will then show you an activation code and a URL.
- Using a computer or mobile web browser, go to the FX URL.
- You will then be asked for a TV provider and a username/password. I’m entering the username and password I use for Hulu.
- Once you sign in, your TV screen will refresh. You should now have access to all the video content the FX Now app provides.
The FX Now app is supported by all major streaming devices like Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, and more. FX Now also offers a preview pass and ad-free options.