This week, AMC released their AMC+ subscription video on demand (SVOD) bundle. The AMC+ bundle provides subscribers with content from AMC Premiere, Shudder, Sundance Now, and IFC Films Unlimited. AMC+ is currently only available through the Xfinity Flex streaming device (a streaming device for those with Xfinity Internet without TV.) AMC+ is also available on Xfinity’s X1 device. While that may not benefit the majority of cord-cutters now, that could change in the future.
We reached out to AMC Networks and confirmed the network is open to the possibility of AMC+ being made available to subscribers of live streaming services, just as AMC Premiere is currently available to YouTube TV and FuboTV subscribers. However, AMC Networks does not have current plans to make AMC+ available to consumers without a distribution partner.
Since it looks as though AMC+ may be available to a broader audience of cord-cutters in the future, let’s take a look at what AMC+ has to offer.
What Is AMC+
AMC+ is an ad-free premium subscription service that bundles AMC and a few of AMC’s sister networks, namely Shudder, Sundance Now, and IFC Films Unlimited. AMC+ costs $4.99 per month. That matches the current cost of AMC Premiere, which AMC+ will be replacing.
What Comes with AMC+
According to an AMC press release, subscribers to AMC+ will have access to the following:
- AMC – offers current seasons of hit series from AMC and its sister networks like IFC and SundanceTV anytime, ad-free, including Killing Eve, NOS4A2, The Walking Dead plus extras including bonus footage, sneak peeks of future episodes and exclusive behind-the-scenes features.
- Shudder – offers fans of horror and suspense the largest uncut, ad-free selection of series and films, including original hit series Creepshow and coming soon, acclaimed documentary Horror Noire.
- Sundance Now – offers a rich selection of original and exclusive series from true crime to heart-stopping dramas and thrillers from around the world, including Discovery of Witches, Riviera and, later this year, Killing for Love.
- IFC Films Unlimited – offers a broad collection of theatrically-released and award-winning titles from IFC Films, the leader in quality talent-driven independent film.
- Linear Network – includes an ad-free linear channel with some of the best programming AMC has to offer.
Notably missing from AMC+ is the AMC Network owned AcornTV and WE tv. Acorn TV will remain under its own subscription-based streaming service. WE tv is getting its own premium subscription service, WE tv+, which will also cost $4.99 per month.
How To Watch AMC+
AMC+ is currently only available to Xfinity customers. However, it is open to those that only have Xfinity internet through the Xfinity Flex streaming device, which is free to customers.
AMC+ subscribers can access content in the following ways:
- Individual Apps: Download the AMC, Shudder, Sundance Now, or IFC app
- Program Guide: Live and On-demand AMC+ content is available through a participating provider’s on-screen TV guide.
AMC premiere content will be accessible through the AMC app and amc.com as it is now. Unfortunately, AMC+ content from Shudder, Sundance, and IFC will not be available through their respective websites. However, you can’t access AMC+ programming through each network’s apps. We will update this article as we know more.
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.
For tips and tricks on cutting the cord and other tech topics be sure to join our Facebook Page.
Disney+ is offering an amazing deal combining Hulu, ESPN+, and Disney+ for just $12.99 per month! For more on the new Disney streaming service, check out our ultimate guide to Disney+
Right now you can get 6 months of Starz for only $25. That's less than $4.25 per month! See offer details.