With the yearly CMT Country Music awards and buzzworthy shows like Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders: Making the Team, people want to know how they can watch CMT. Well, you don’t need cable to watch CMT. You can stream CMT through the following streaming services: Philo, Hulu, Sling TV, fuboTV, YouTube TV, Vidgo, and DIRECTV STREAM. These streaming services allow you to watch CMT on streaming devices, smart devices, and online, just as if you had cable.
Want A Quick Answer: Philo is the cheapest way to stream CMT but lacks local channels, sports, and news. DIRECTV STREAM, Hulu Live TV, FuboTV, and YouTube TV are closer to what one would expect from a cable TV package but are more than double the price of Philo. Vidgo and Sling also carry CMT and provide a value point between services like Philo and DIRECTV STREAM.
Streaming Services with CMT
Philo is The Best Way To Watch Live CMT
Philo is the top option for watching CMT Live online. Philo provides CMT and 60+ other channels for $25/month. You can check out a free trial and see if the service will meet your needs. Philo also includes a cloud DVR for you to record shows to watch later.
A subscription to Philo includes the following.
- A Philo subscription also includes the following
- Unlimited cloud DVR Storage
- Stream to 3 devices simultaneously on one account
- It has a lot of MTV Shows on-demand as well.
- Philo supports the Apple iPhone and iPad (running iOS 9 or newer), Android phones and tablets (running 5.0 or newer), Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku, and Chromecast.
Watch CMT on Hulu
Personally, use Hulu to watch live CMT online. Previously Hulu was known for its vast on-demand streaming library. However, they also offer Hulu Live TV service, which includes live CMT Streaming and most top channels typically found on cable. Hulu Live TV starts at $69.99 after signing up and includes the following features:
- Over 60 live Channels, including CMT
- Unlimited cloud DVR storage. (Recordings save for 9 months)
- Watch on 2 screens at once. (Upgrades available)
- It comes with 6 customizable profiles
- Includes entire Hulu On-Demand streaming library
With Hulu Live TV, you can watch CMT on Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick, Apple TV, Chromecast, and more. See our review of Hulu for more information.
CMT on FuboTV
FuboTV is an excellent place to go for sports, but it offers many other channels, including CMT, in its “Pro Plan” for $74.99. Fubo TV includes:
- Over 100 channels, including CMT, ESPN, and FS1, are available in fuboTV’s channel lineup
- You can watch on three screens at the same time
- 250 hours of cloud DVR storage
- The FuboTV app is available on major platforms, including Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, and Amazon Fire TV.
CMT on Sling TV
CMT is not in Sling’s base packages. However, you can get CMT through the Orange or the Blue package By adding the “Comedy Extra” add-on package for an additional $6 per month on top of $40 for one of Sling’s base packages.
Sling also provides the following features:
- access to CMT, HGTV, TBS, and many more top channels
- no contract is required, and you can cancel at any time
- Sling TV also offers on-demand when available from a network
- includes 50 hours of cloud DVR storage (upgradeable)
- supports Windows and Mac PCs and laptops, Android and iOS devices, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Nexus player, Xbox One, 4th Generation Apple TV, Chromecast, and more.
Watch CMT on Vidgo
Vidgo is a newer Streaming service that offers fairly competitive pricing over other Live streaming services. They provide a DVR for 90 days with the Vidgo “Plus” plan, but you need to upgrade to the “Ultimate” plan to keep the DVR past 90 days. Their service offers CMT as a part of their 60+ channel Core package. The Core Plan costs $59.95 per month.
There is no contract with Vidgo, and you can cancel any time. They do offer a 3-day free trial, which you can cancel within the first three days at no charge. Vidgo is supported on available on Android, iOS, Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV. You can also stream the service on up to 3 devices at the same time. We have the full details in our guide to Vidgo’s live streaming service.
CMT on DIRECTV STREAM
CMT is one of the channels available on AT&T’s streaming service DIRECTV STREAM. For a price of $74.99 you will get the following:
- watch 20 streams simultaneously per subscription
- a cloud-based DVR
- channels like CMT, AMC, HGTV, Discovery, and more
- supported on Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Amazon FireTV, and more
YouTube TV has CMT
YouTube TV also carries CMT in its channel lineup along with limitless storage space for recording your shows. Your library of recorded shows can be streamed anywhere.
YouTube TV provides:
- CMT, Local Network Channels, and over 70 other channels
- unlimited cloud DVR storage
- stream on three devices at once
- YouTube TV supports Roku, Android, iOS, Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast, and more.
- Includes YouTube TV on-demand
- offers a 1-week free trial.
After a 1-week free trial, YouTube TV costs $64.99 per month. See our YouTube TV review for more details.
Watch CMT for Free
Some of the streaming services that carry CMT offer a free trial. You can take advantage of those and watch free CMT for almost a month or longer if you use different email addresses. Let’s look at the free trials available.
- Philo – offers a 7-day free trial
- DIRECTV STREAM – offers a 5-Day Free Trial
- YouTube TV – offers a 1-week free trial
As long as you cancel before the free trial expires, you won’t be charged. You can cycle the free trials to get nearly a month of CMT free. If you get creative with email addresses and payment methods, you could watch free CMT even longer. Doing this would also let you test out the various live TV streaming services to see which one you like the best.
Is There A CMT Channel Subscription
You can’t subscribe directly to CMT. However, some of the streaming services in this article provides access to the CMT app. This app works on streaming devices like Amazon Fire TV, iOS, Roku, Android, and more. Through the app, you can watch CMT live and view some CMT on-demand. Your login credentials from the following streaming services will allow you to log in to the CMT app:
Using The CMT App on Roku and Other Devices
Once you subscribe to one of the services above, you can watch by downloading the CMT app to your supported device. When asked for a TV provider, use your login credentials from one of the streaming services above. Below are the steps to unlock CMT on Roku. Other streaming devices and channels have a very similar process.
- Go to the channel store on your device.
- Search for the CMT app, and add it to your device
- Open the app, select “Login” from the menu.
- Your Roku device will provide an activation code and a URL.
- Using a web browser, go to the URL.
- You will then be asked for the credentials of the TV provider you use for CMT. I use for Philo.
- Your TV screen will refresh, and you will have access to the content CMT provides through the CMT app.
For information on watching other TV channels online check out: How To Stream Specific TV Channels
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.