The NCAA Men’s Division I Basketball Tournament is one of those sporting events you can catch without paying a dime for cable or satellite TV. Nearly every game of the tournament is available through a streaming service or other means. This guide will explain how you can watch every game without cable. I’ll even cover a way to watch 100% free.
How To Stream The NCAA Championship: Kansas vs. North Carolina
You can watch (1) Kansas vs. (8) North Carolina on TBS with this 5-day free trial to DIRECTV STREAM. Tip-off is Monday, April 4th at 9:20 PM EDT / 6:20 PM PDT. All your live TV streaming options for the game are listed below.
- DIRECTV STREAM – Watch with this 5-day free trial.
- Sling TV – Check this Promo Page
- YouTube TV – offers a 1-week free trial
- Hulu Live TV – Sign up
|Monday. April 4||9:20 p.m. ET||TBS||(1) Kansas vs. (8) North Carolina|
March Madness Schedule
Every game in March Madness will air on CBS, TBS, TNT, or TruTV. I wanted to cover how you can watch the whole tournament online for free by taking advantage of these streaming services’ free trial offers. The NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament lasts three weeks. The schedule is as follows:
- Selection Sunday – March 13 with games on CBS
- First Four – March 15 and 16 with games on TBS and truTV
- Round 1 – March 17 and 18 with games on CBS, TBS, TNT and truTV
- Round 2 – March 19 and 20 with games on CBS, TBS, TNT and truTV
- Sweet 16 – March 24 and 25 with games on CBS and TBS
- Elite Eight – March 26 and 27 with games on CBS and TBS
- Final Four – April 2 on TBS
- National championship – April 4 on TBS
Streaming the NCAA Basketball Tournament
This year’s games air on four different networks, CBS, TBS, TNT, and TruTV. At first, this may make you recoil but fear not. All these channels are available in most areas on a few streaming services. TBS, TNT, CBS, and TruTV are available on the many streaming services I cover below.
DIRECTV STREAM provides live streaming access to TBS, TNT, TruTV, and CBS. Channel packages start at $69.99 per month. A subscription to DIRECTV STREAM includes the following:
- watch 20 streams simultaneously per subscription
- a cloud-based DVR
- channels like TBS, TNT, TruTV, CBS and more
- supported on AppleTV, Android TV, Roku, Amazon FireTV, and more
YouTubeTV also carries TBS, TNT, TruTV, and CBS in its channel lineup, along with limitless storage space for recording games. Your library of recorded shows can be streamed anywhere.
YouTube TV provides:
- CBS, TNT, TruTV, TBS, Local Network Channels, and over 70 other channels
- unlimited cloud DVR storage
- stream on three devices at once
- Youtube TV supports Android, iOS, Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast, and more. The YouTube TV app has also returned to Roku devices after settling a dispute between the two companies.
- Includes Youtube TV on-demand
- offers a 1-week free trial.
After a 1-week free trial, YouTube TV costs $64.99 per month. See our YouTube TV review for more details.
Sling TV is the cheapest way to watch NCAA Tournament games airing on TBS, TNT, and TruTV in Sling TV. The channel is in both its “orange” and “blue packages, each priced at $35 a month. Sling offers a promotion when signing up for its service. You can cancel at any time as there are no contracts or long-term commitments.
Sling TV provides a live stream of those channels, so you can watch exactly what would be airing on TBS, just as if you had cable. You can also record games with Sling’s included cloud DVR.
Sling TV is available on Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, and more, so it’s not a problem to enjoy TBS on a TV, tablet, computer, or other smart devices. To find out more about Sling TV, check out this detailed review of Sling TV.
The Paramount+ Premium plan provides a live stream of your local CBS channels and offers a 7-day free trial so that you can try the service with no risk. After the trial, the service price is only $2 per month for your first three months and then $9.99 per month after that.
Hulu Live TV
Hulu Live TV offers CBS in most markets in the country. They also provide TBS, TNT, and TruTV. To see if Hulu Live TV provides CBS in your area, you can use this tool: Hulu Live TV Channels by Zipcode.
If you aren’t in or close to one of these markets, you can still stream TBS, TNT, and TruTV while using a TV antenna to catch your local CBS broadcast. Also, be sure to check out our full review of Hulu Live TV.
Hulu is supported on the following devices:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Apple TV
- Google Chromecast
- iOS, Android, and Windows Smartphones and Tablets
- Xbox One, PlayStation 3 and 4
- and much more
You can sign up for Hulu here. The cost is $69.99 per month.
March Madness Live App
The NCAA does offer an app available on iOS, Android, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TVs, and Roku. However, the app requires a TV provider login. The app does accept streaming services as a valid provider, but there is a significant drawback. The March Madness Live app won’t stream games airing on CBS live if you use a TV-connected device like Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, etc. Considering a good chunk of games air on CBS, this is a major deal-breaker for cord-cutters. I recommend just watching through your streaming service.
You can download the app below on various platforms.
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.