If you live in the Mets TV market and want to watch all their games, you don’t need an expensive cable package. You can watch Mets games on SNY (SportsNet New York) using a TV streaming service and your internet connection. You can watch online through the web, or even on your TV using a streaming device like a Roku.
How To Stream SNY: You can stream SNY using a free trial to any of the streaming services below
- DIRECTV STREAM – Watch with this 5-day free trial.
- YouTube TV – offers a 1-week free trial
- fuboTV – Offers a fuboTV subscription
Watch the SportsNet NY without Cable
Hulu+Live TV, YouTube TV, and fuboTV carry SNY in their channel lineup. While most games air on SNY, sometimes the Mets will play a nationally televised game on FOX, TBS, or ESPN. Not to worry, Hulu and YouTube TV carry all these networks, making them your best options for watching the Mets.
If you don’t live in the Met’s broadcast area, you may want to look at this guide to work around sports TV blackouts. Otherwise, read on for information on watching Met’s without cable.
Watch SportsNet NY on Hulu Live TV
Hulu Live TV carries SNY for those subscribers living in the Mets TV market. They also carry local your local Fox Network, TBS, and ESPN for those nationally televised Mets games. You can check to see which channels are available to you by entering your zip code on Hulu’s channel finder.
Hulu starts with a free trial when you sign up, but costs $69.99 per month after the trial. You can cancel any time without penalty as there is no long term contract. The list below shows some of what Hulu+Live TV has to offer:
- live local ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, and more in most markets of the country
- Live access to popular channels found on cable like TBS and ESPN. See Hulu’s channel lineup for a full list.
- 50 hours of cloud DVR storage. You can upgrade to 200 hours and fast-forward through recorded commercials for an additional $9.99 per month.
- Comes with 6 customizable profiles
- Watch Hulu on 2 screens at once. Watch on unlimited screens for an additional $9.99 per month
- Includes all the on-demand access you normally receive with standard Hulu. This includes Hulu Originals.
You can watch The Mets through Hulu on any of the following devices:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Apple TV (4th generation or later)
- Google Chromecast
- iOS and Android Smartphones and Tablets
- Xbox 360 and Xbox One
- Echo Show
- Fire Tablets
- Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
- LG TV (select models)
- Nintendo Switch
- Mac and PC browsers
- Samsung TV (select models)
- VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Windows 10
Watch SportsNet NY on YouTube TV
YouTube TV also offers SNY, Fox, ESPN, and TBS. SNY is included in the base package for $64.99 a month if you live in the Met’s TV market. The live streaming service also includes a DVR and supports a host of streaming devices. YouTube TV supports Android, iOS, Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast, and more. The YouTube TV app has also returned to Roku devices after settling a dispute between the two companies. Like the other services, YouTube TV offers a free trial, cloud DVR, local broadcast channels, and many other features. Please read our review of YouTube TV for more details on their service.
Watch SportsNet NY on fuboTV
fuboTV offers subscribers local and cable TV channels just as if you subscribed to a cable TV package, and SNY is a part of their channel lineup. They also carry Fox in most parts of the country. While they will carry ESPN on August 1st, they no longer carry TBS. You can watch these channels through fuboTV online or on your TV using a supported streaming device like a Roku or Fire TV Stick.
Like cable, SNY is only available through fuboTV if you live in the Met’s TV market. I recommend checking their website to find the channels they offer in your area using this link.
FuboTV offers a One Week Free Trial, but there is no contract so you can cancel any time. If you cancel during your free trial, you will not be charged at all. Here are some features included with your subscription to fuboTV:
- live local CBS, FOX, and NBC broadcast in many parts of the country
- a ton of channels you usually find on cable like HGTV, History, FS1, and more
- a cloud DVR for recording TV shows
- stream to 2 devices at once (can upgrade to more)
The monthly cost of fuboTV currently starts at $69.99. For more information on this streaming service, see our guide to fuboTV.
DIRECTV STREAM Carries SportsNet NY
AT&T’s live streaming service is another way to watch SportsNet New York live. However, you have to subscribe to their “Choice” package for $89.99 per month. You can sign up online and they don’t force you into a contract so that you can cancel at any time. The service also includes a cloud DVR service and allows you to stream to 20 devices simultaneously.
DIRECTV STREAM is supported on the following devices:
- 4th Gen Apple TV
- Google Chromecast, 2nd gen and higher
- Amazon Fire TV
- Fire TV Stick
- iOS devices
- Chrome and Safari browsers
See our review of DIRECTV STREAM for more details on this streaming service.
For information on watching other TV channels online check out: How To Stream Specific TV Channels
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.