A reboot of the 1990s western drama series Walker: Texas Ranger, Walker features Jared Padelecki as the titular Walker, a Texas Ranger who comes back on the job still troubled by the tragic loss of his wife. This article will explain how you can watch this season of Walker as episodes air and on-demand and how to watch the first season.
- When Do New Episodes of Walker Air: Walker airs at 8 p.m. ET on Thursdays.
- TV Network: Walker airs on The CW.
- Best Way to Stream Live: DIRECTV STREAM provides The CW, so you can watch new episodes of Walker when they air, and has a 5-Day free trial when signing up. FuboTV (Free Trial) and YouTube TV(Free Trial) also carry The CW.
- Current Season On-Demand: New Episodes of the current season are available every Friday on The CW app and website.
- How to Watch Seasons 1 and 2: The first two seasons of Walker is available to stream through Max
How to Watch Walker
Stream Walker Free
Walker airs Thursday nights at 8 p.m. on The CW, and you can watch episodes as they air for free by using a TV antenna to pick up your local CW broadcast. If you can wait a day, new episodes of Walker are available to stream for free on The CW’s website and The CW app every Friday. The CW app keeps the last five episodes of Walker available free to watch. For information on using the CW app, see “How To Use The CW App.”
Watch Walker on These Streaming Services
If you don’t want to wait a day and want to watch Walker in real-time, several live streaming services offer free trials and will let you watch new episodes of Walker as they air. All the ways you can stream Walker are listed below. All free trials auto-renew when they expire, but you will not be billed if you cancel before the trial ends.
Watch Walker on DIRECTV STREAM
DIRECTV STREAM offers The CW live in many markets. Through its “Entertainment” package for $79.99 a month, The CW is available along with a ton of cable TV and other broadcast networks. DIRECTV STREAM offers The CW in many TV markets in the US. Check this online offer to make sure The CW is provided in your area. For more information, check out our review of DIRECTV STREAM.
How Much: $79.99 per month through its “Entertainment” package.
Watch Walker on YouTube TV
YouTube TV is another excellent option for watching Walker. YouTube TV offers The CW live with its streaming service in nearly ALL markets in the US.
YouTube TV supports Android, iOS, Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast, and more. The YouTube TV app has also returned to Roku devices after settling a dispute between the two companies. Be sure to check out our review of YouTube TV for more information. You can sign up for their free trial.
How Much: $72.99 per month.
Watch Walker on Hulu
Hulu + Live TV offers The CW live in nearly all US markets along with cable TV and broadcast networks. Therefore, you can watch Walker as it airs on The CW. To see if The CW is available in your area, you can use this tool: Hulu Live TV Channels by Zip code. You can read our review of Hulu here.
Hulu Live TV also includes the following features:
- TBS and 60+ other channels, including local network channels.
- Price includes a subscription to ESPN+ and Disney+
- Unlimited cloud DVR storage. (Recordings save for 9 months)
- Watch on 2 screens at once. (Upgrades available)
- Comes with 6 customizable profiles
- Includes entire Hulu streaming library
- Supports iOS, Android, Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, and more.
Watch Walker on fuboTV
FuboTV offers The CW in numerous US cities allowing you to watch Walker every week when it airs. You can check out FuboTV here. Fubo TV supports the following streaming devices:
- Android smartphones
- Android tablets
- Apple TV (4th Generation only)
- Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
For more information on FuboTV features, please see our Fubo TV review.
How Much: FuboTV costs $74.99 per month.
Watch Past Seasons of Walker
Suppose you want to catch up on seasons 1 and 2 of Walker. In that case, you can find all the episodes from the first two seasons on Max, which carries not only HBO programming but also content from other WarnerMedia and similar sources, including:
- A selection of acquired series and movies (Doom Patrol is a notable example)
- An exclusive collection of new Max Originals
- Select favorites from the WarnerMedia brands The CW, Warner Bros., New Line Cinema, DC, CNN, the Turner library, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more
- A selection of acquired series and movies (South Park being one)
The Max app supports the following platforms, giving you plenty of ways to stream Batwoman:
- Android phones and tablets
- Android TV
- Apple TV (4th generation and later)
- Computers (PC and Mac browsers)
- Apple iOS devices: iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- Amazon Fire TV (As of Nov 17)
- PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
- Samsung TVs (2016 and later)
- Max is now supported on Roku
- Max is now supported on LG Smart TV.
Despite rather mixed critical reception, Walker was a popular hit in the ratings, and one of the biggest premieres for The CW. Perhaps drawn by the popularity of the original, or simply by that of its leading man. Jared Padalecki must have signed a lifetime contract with The CW–and it’s treating him well. After multiple years on the WB/CW’s Gilmore Girls, he racked up 16 seasons on the beloved fan-favorite Supernatural. The massive finale of Supernatural aired only two months before the premiere of Walker, where he is haunted by a different kind of ghost. As a troubled Walker deals with the tragic loss of his wife and estrangement from his daughter, he is back on the job and trying to keep his focus on catching the bad guys.