What We Do In the Shadows the series was adapted from the 2014 movie by Jemaine Clement (Flight of the Conchords) and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok. Flight of the Conchords). The series follows a group of centuries-old vampires from Europe adapting to life in modern-day New York. Despite their rather lackluster skills, they have been charged with conquering the new world, to hilarious results. The main cast of Kayvan Novak, Matt Berry, Natasia Demetriou, Harvey Guillén, and Mark Proksch will return to reprise their roles as Nandor, Laszlo, Guillermo Nadja, and Colin Robinson, with recent add Kristen Schaal also returning as The Guide. This season finds the group going through growing pains, with Guillermo going through new secret changes and spending more time with Laszlo than Nandor, and Nadja seeks out family from the Old Country to help her face the effects of a supernatural hex. Read on to learn how to watch What We Do In The Shadows, even if you don’t have cable. I’ll also cover how to watch past seasons of What We Do In the Shadows.
- When New Episodes of What We Do in the Shadows Air: What We Do in the Shadows airs on Thursdays at 10 p.m. ET on FX
- Best Way to Watch: You can stream new episodes of What We Do in the Shadows when they air on FX with DIRECTV STREAM, which has a 5-day free trial or YouTube TV(Free Trial)
- How to Watch What We Do in the Shadows On-Demand: New episodes of What We Do in the Shadows are available on Friday with Hulu’s Streaming Library (30-Day Free Trial).
- Where To Watch What We Do in the Shadows
- Watch What We Do in the Shadows Live
- Watch What We Do in the Shadows On the FX Now App
- Watch What We Do in the Shadows on Demand
Where To Watch What We Do in the Shadows
What We Do in the Shadows airs on FX, so any streaming service that carries the network will allow you to watch new episodes as they air every Thursday.
Watch What We Do in the Shadows Free
Some of the services offering FX also offer a free trial. This will let you catch up on What We Do in the Shadows free to see if you like the show. If you want the service, you can keep it. If not, cancel before the trial ends, and you won’t be charged.
Watch What We Do in the Shadows Live
The current season of What We Do in the Shadows will air on FX, which you can watch on the following streaming services:
What We Do in the Shadows on DIRECTV STREAM
DIRECTV STREAM is one of several services to offer What We Do in the Shadows through FX, and one that offers the most options for the price. Channel packages with FX start at $79.99 per month. A subscription to DIRECTV STREAM includes the following:
- watch 20 streams simultaneously per subscription
- a cloud-based DVR
- channels like FX and more
- supported on Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Amazon FireTV, and more
What We Do in the Shadows on Sling TV
Sling TV is the cheapest way to watch What We Do in the Shadows. FX is in both their “orange” and “blue packages, each priced at $40 a month. Sling offers special pricing for signing up on this promo page with its service, and if you cancel within the trial, you won’t be charged. If you decide to keep Sling after the free trial, you can cancel at any time as there are no contracts or long-term commitments.
Sling TV provides a live stream of FX, so you can watch What We Do in the Shadows just as if you had cable. Recent episodes are available on-demand, and you can also record episodes of What We Do in the Shadows with Sling’s included cloud DVR.
Sling TV is available on Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, and more, so enjoying FX on a TV, tablet, computer, or other smart devices is not a problem. To find out more about Sling TV, check out this detailed review of Sling TV.
What We Do in the Shadows on YouTube TV
YouTube TV also carries FX so that you can watch What We Do in the Shadows. YouTube TV also has limitless storage space available in its included DVR for recording each episode. Your library of recorded shows can be streamed anywhere.
YouTube TV provides:
- Access to FX, Local Network Channels, and over 70 other channels
- unlimited cloud DVR storage
- stream on three devices at once
- YouTube TV supports Android, iOS, Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast, and more. The YouTube TV app has also returned to Roku devices after settling a dispute between the two companies.
- Includes YouTube TV on-demand
- offers a 1-week free trial.
After a 1-week free trial, YouTube TV costs $72.99 per month. See our YouTube TV review for more details.
Watch What We Do in the Shadows on Hulu Live TV
Hulu is a great way to stream What We Do in the Shadows. Hulu’s On-demand service starts at just $7.99 and airs FX shows one day after they air on FX. So, if you can wait a day for new episodes of What We Do in the Shadows, then Hulu is your most affordable way to watch FX shows without cable. They also offer a Hulu Live TV service if you want to watch What We Do in the Shadows when it airs on FX, but that costs $76.99. In addition to streaming What We Do in the Shadows live, Hulu Live TV offers live access to channels like A&E, TNT, FX, HGTV, and more. Hulu Live TV also includes the following features:
- FX and 60+ other channels including local network channels.
- The price includes a subscription to ESPN+ and Disney+
- Unlimited cloud DVR storage. (Recordings save for 9 months)
- Watch on 2 screens at once. (Upgrades available)
- Comes with 6 customizable profiles
- Includes entire Hulu streaming library
- Supports iOS, Android, Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, and more.
Watch What We Do in the Shadows on fuboTV
FuboTV offers FX in numerous US cities allowing you to watch What We Do in the Shadows every week when it airs. You can check out FuboTV here. Fubo TV supports the following streaming devices:
- Android smartphones
- Android tablets
- Apple TV (4th Generation only)
- Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
For more information on FuboTV features, please see our Fubo TV review.
How Much: FuboTV costs $74.99 per month.
Watch What We Do in the Shadows On the FX Now App
The FX Now app offers allows you to watch current and past FX, FX, and FXM shows, so you can watch What We Do in the Shadows directly through the app with one of the streaming services listed above. You can also view current episodes of the latest season of shows currently airing on FX networks.
You can watch by downloading the FX Now app to your streaming device. When prompted for a TV provider, use your username and password from participating streaming services. Below are the steps I used to unlock the FX Now app on Roku. Other streaming devices and TV everywhere apps have a very similar process.
- Go to the channel store or app store on your device. On Roku, it’s called the “Channel Store.”
- Search for the FX Now app, add it to your device, and then open it.
- Your Roku device will then show you an activation code and a URL.
- Using a computer or mobile web browser, go to the FX URL.
- You will then be asked for a TV provider and a username/password. I’m entering the username and password I use for Hulu.
- Once you sign in, your TV screen will refresh. You should now have access to all the video content the FX Now app provides.
The FX Now app is supported by all major streaming devices like Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, and more. FX Now also offers a preview pass and ad-free options.
Watch What We Do in the Shadows on Demand
What We Do in the Shadows is available one day after airing on FX on Hulu through its streaming library. Not yet a subscriber? Signing up is easy. Start with a 30-day free trial, and then choose from several plans:
- $7.99/month with limited commercials
- $17.99/month commercial free
- $76.99/month live TV of up to 50 channels, as well as an on-demand feature. Note: The free trial is not available on the Hulu + Live TV option.
Hulu is available on Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, Amazon Fire, Xbox, and mobile devices. See our review of Hulu for a complete list of features.