Yes! You can watch Fox News Channel without a cable or satellite TV subscription. You can watch it live, just as if you were a cable subscriber. All you need is a streaming device like a Roku and a streaming service that carries The Fox News Channel. For example, Hulu Live TV carries live Fox News Channel along with many other channels. You can see what’s available through this page on Hulu’s website: Channels Available by Zip Code.
Streaming services like Hulu Live TV, Vidgo, Sling TV, FuboTV, and YouTube TV all carry Fox News Channel. Below, we review these services and even explain how to watch Fox News on your Roku, Amazon Fire TV, or other streaming devices.
- How to Stream Fox News Channel Live
- Watch Fox News for Free
- Watch with the Fox News Go App
- Watch Fox News On Roku, Firestick, and More
How to Stream Fox News Channel Live
It’s possible you tried to watch Fox News through the Fox News Go app and were disappointed when you were asked for a TV provider login. Don’t worry. You can stream Fox News Channel live using any of the streaming services below. You can even use your username and password with a few of these services to unlock the Fox News app.
Fox News on Hulu Live TV
The most robust option for watching Fox News without cable is Hulu Live TV. You can try their live service and start watching Fox News right now. There are no long term contracts and can cancel whenever you like. Previously Hulu was known for its vast on-demand streaming library. Hulu Live TV is one of the best live TV streaming services available. It includes the following features:
- The basic package comes with 50 hours of cloud DVR storage. (Upgrades available)
- Watch on 2 screens at once. (Upgrades available)
- Comes with 6 customizable profiles
- Includes entire Hulu streaming library
After your free trial is up, Hulu Live TV will cost you $64.99 per month. I find it the best value of the services currently out there because it will allow you to stream your local broadcast networks in addition to Fox News and a whole host of other channels. To see what channels are available through Hulu Live TV in your area, check out the tool: Channels Available by Zip Code
You can also use your Hulu Live TV user credentials to unlock the Fox News Go app. For more information on this service, please check out Hulu Live TV review.
An affordable way to watch Fox News online is Sling TV. Fox News is a part of Sling TV’s “Blue” package, and costs $35 a month. Sling TV provides a live stream of Fox News, so you can watch exactly what would be airing on Fox News just as if you had cable. Some episodes of its shows are available on-demand, as well.
Sling TV is available on Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, and more, so it’s not a problem to enjoy Fox News on a TV, tablet, computer, or other smart devices. You can also watch on the web using your browser on a PC or laptop. To find out more about what Sling TV has to offer, and more information about Sling TV device compatibility, check out this detailed review of Sling TV.
The review includes information on a Sling TV free trial and ways to get discounted (and free) streaming devices, so be sure to check it out.
Fox News Channel on Vidgo
Vidgo is a newer streaming service that offers fairly competitive pricing over other live streaming services. Vidgo includes Fox News in its Core package, along with over 60 other channels. New customers can sign up for promo pricing, but the Vidgo plan normally costs [ss_price service=’vidgo1′] per month. Vidgo doesn’t force you into a contract, and you can cancel any time.
Vidgo is supported on Android, iOS, Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast, and Fire TV. You can also stream the service on up to 3 devices at the same time. You can also use your Vidgo user credentials to unlock the Fox News Go app. We have the full details in our guide to Vidgo’s live streaming service.
Stream Fox News on FuboTV
FuboTV is an excellent place to go for sports, but it offers many other general channels, including Fox News, along with 70+ other channels. fuboTV’s plans start at $64.99/month an include the following features:
- Fox News and more are available in fuboTV’s channel lineup
- You can watch on three screens at the same time
- 250 hours of cloud DVR storage
- The FuboTV app is available on major platforms, including Roku, Chromecast, Fire TV, Apple TV, and more.
Watch Fox News on YouTube TV
YouTube TV costs $64.99 per month. It provides access to stream Fox News and offers a ton of other channels, including local network channels. A subscription to YouTube TV provides:
- Fox News, Local Network Channels, and over 70 other channels
- unlimited cloud DVR storage
- stream on three devices at once
- Youtube TV supports Android, iOS, Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast, and more. The YouTube TV app isn’t available on Roku. However, users can use YouTube TV through the YouTube app on Roku devices.
- Includes Youtube TV on-demand
- offers a 1-week free trial.
Check our review of YouTube TV for more details.
Fox News on DIRECTV Stream
DIRECTV Stream is yet another way you can watch Fox News. The channel is a part of it’s “Entertainment” package and priced at $69.99 per month. The Entertainment Plan includes:
- the ability to watch 20 streams simultaneously per subscription
- a cloud-based DVR
- channels like Fox News, FS1, ESPN, and more
- supported on AppleTV, Android TV, Roku, Amazon FireTV, and more
They do not require a contact and you can cancel at any time. Also, they give you a full refund if you cancel within 14 days of subscribing. You can check out everything this service offers on this promo page or read about it in our DIRECTV Stream review.
Watch Fox News for Free
Most of the streaming services that carry Fox News offer a free trial. You can take advantage of those and watch free Fox News for almost a month or longer if you use different email addresses. Let’s look at the free trials available.
- Hulu + Live TV – Offers a 1-week free trial.
- FuboTV – offers a 1-week free trial.
- DIRECTV Stream – See this page for offers. Subscription is month to month, but they give you a full refund if you cancel within 14 days of subscribing, so it’s like a 14-day trial.
- YouTube TV – offers a 1-week free trial
As long as you cancel before the free trial expires, you won’t be charged. You can cycle the free trials to get nearly a month of Fox News free. If you get creative with email addresses and payment methods, you could watch free Fox News even longer. Doing this would also let you test out the various live TV streaming services to see which one you like the best.
Watch with the Fox News Go App
If you decide to subscribe to any of the services mentioned above, you will also have access to the Fox News Go app. Most think you need a cable provider login to utilize the Fox app, but that isn’t the case. The login credentials you use for Hulu, FuboTV, YouTube TV, and Vidgo will also work to unlock live and some on-demand Fox content.
You can even download the Fox app on your Roku, Apple TV, or Amazon Fire TV and watch on your television using the credentials from any of the services mentioned above. There are detailed instructions in the next section on installing and activating the Fox News Go app on your streaming device.
Watch Fox News On Roku, Firestick, and More
While all the streaming services mentioned above are supported on Roku and Amazon Fire TV Stick, you may want to watch Fox News on the Fox News Go app. Not to worry, Fox News is available on several streaming devices, and you can use your login credentials for FuboTV, Hulu Live TV, Vidgo, and YouTube TV to unlock all the content available on the Fox News Go app. This will allow you to watch Fox News live through the app.
How To Watch on Your Device
For our example, let’s assume we have a Vidgo subscription and a Roku. We can follow the steps below to get the Fox News app working on our device. While the steps below use Vidgo and Roku to watch Fox News, most streaming services and devices will have the same process.
- Go to the channel store or app store on your device. On Roku, it’s called the “Channel Store.”
- Search for Fox News Channel
- Add the for Fox News to your device and then open it.
- Your Roku device will then show you an activation code and a URL.
- Using a computer or mobile web browser, you go to the URL.
- You will then be asked for a TV provider and a username/password. I’m entering the username and password I use for Vidgo.
- Once you sign in on Fox News’ website, your TV screen will refresh. You should now have access to all the video content the app provides.
Supported Streaming Devices
The Fox News Go App is supported on all of the following streaming devices:
- Android Devices
- iOS Devices
- Apple TV
- Android TV
- Amazon Fire TV
For information on watching other TV channels online check out: How To Stream Specific TV Channels
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.
For tips and tricks on cutting the cord and other tech topics be sure to join our Facebook Page.